Main Campus: Building 2300 Campus Center
(650)949-7305 12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Foothill College Sunnyvale Center: Onizuka Cafe
1070 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Adaptive Digital Content
Inclusive Access program is two main goals:
- Reducing the cost of course materials.
- Improving educational outcomes for students.
How it works for FACULTY:
- Express interest in the program.
- Bookstore will work with faculty member and publisher to verify use of availability as an adaptive learning solution for the text selected.
- Negotiates a lower price than print for students.
- Distributes digital content to students on or before first day of class.
How it works for STUDENTS:
- Access to content distributed via email.
- Student pays for access by opting-in before a certain cutoff period.
- If opting-back-in, students will need to submit their request via email for purchase.
- In most cases, a print upgrade option will be available for students at a discount after add/drop.
Benefits of using Inclusive Access:
- Reduce price of textbook for all students.
- Day one access to course content.
- Most current information provided to students.
- Adaptive and interactive content (beyond eBook) included.
- Academic freedom for faculty members to select content.
- Content available to students beyond the classroom.
What is Inclusive Access?
The Inclusive Access program is a new textbook model in collaboration with top publishers that convert books into digital content, usually with a Learning Management System that can be integrated into Canvas for adaptive learning. All students in class buy into the content on the first day, and won't be billed for it until after the add/drop date.
How much does Inclusive Access cost?
Prices are negotiated and vary depending upon the course materials chosen by the instructor, but are lower than competitive market rates.
How will I get my access code?
If your instructor is using Inclusive Access, you are already enrolled. You will be notified via email prior to the start of class with access instructions, the discounted pricing and information on opting in.
How do I pay for my access?
The access is free through the add/drop date. After that, all enrolled students who have not opted-in the program or dropped the course will have their access removed. Students must come to the bookstore or online website and pay for access before the two week free access expires. No waiting in line with a heavy, expensive book!
What does it mean to opt-in?
If you wish to participate in Inclusive Access, you have until the add/drop day (usually the first 10 days of class) to opt-in to the program. If you chose not to opt-in, your access will be removed and you have no obligation to purchase anything.
I did not opt-in by the add/drop date, my access was removed, and I need access. Can I still opt back in?
Yes, if it is after the add/drop deadline simply email the Inclusive Access team.
Questions? Inquire at fhbooks.foothill.edu